Team Orion® is a world-renowned manufacturer of World Championship winning batteries, chargers, motors and electronic speed controllers (ESC). Since their first release of a brushless ESC in 2012, the Swiss brand’s Vortex R10 and R10.1 Pro ESC have dominated almost every major off-road event in the USA, won several European Championships and taken home World Championship titles in on-road and off-road categories.
After many successful years, Team Orion has decided to take brushless technology to the next level. Improving on the R10 and R10.1 design is not easy feat. To achieve this, Team Orion has partnered with some of the most brilliant engineers in the field of brushless power technology. Under the name HMX® Technology a totally new brushless controller technology has been developed and incorporated into an RC ESC.
Changing the settings of your speed controller with painful pushes on a small button are a thing of the past. Also forget program cards and boxes. The HMX® speed controllers can be managed with an advanced Android® or iPhone® app (ORI65193 BLE dongle required for iOS® devices)! We invested a lot of time into the development of a really great app which allows you to easily change settings, save setups or download Pro-Setups from professional drivers.
- State-of-the-art mobile application to setup and program the speed controller
- Extremely fast response and precision thanks a 32bit micro processor
- Unrivaled power feeling and control thanks to newly developed power and brake control curve algorithms, developed with the world best rc car drivers.
- Improved braking characteristics for constant braking feeling at every speed
- Real time signal translation: The signals from the receiver are translated into throttle control signals in real-time for fastest throttle control.
- High-grade components, tested and selected by our engineers
- 3 piece lightweight precision machined aluminum case with machined air ducts for improved cooling
- High efficiency dual PCB design with high performance power board and ultra fast response digital control board
- Highly efficient cooling system that uses a cooling middle plate equipped with air ducts to channel fresh air directly to power PCB where the mosfet are installed.
- Top of the line “Dual Cool” Mosfet transistors for improved heat dissipation
- Advanced Timing settings: two RPM based timing settings and one “Turbo” (full throttle) timing settings
- Switched BEC 6V and 7.4V: Easily switch between 6V and 7.4V BEC voltage for the best servo performance
- Temperature monitoring: real time ESC temperature monitoring to prevent damage from overheating
- Micro USB connector for smartphone connection (ORI65193 wireless BLE dongle required for iOS® support)
- ABC motor wire order protection: in case of motor wire reversal, the ESC cannot be damaged
- Dual sensor port